Friday, May 20, 2011

Gandhi Inspiration Quote - Eye For An Eye

Gandhi Inspiration Quote - Eye For An Eye

Quotes and Sayings for World Inspiration ... A Collection

Quote:

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
Mahatma Gandhi

 I find this quote really connects with me, it really sums up the history of the world in my lifetime.  I remember being aware of war and conflict for the first time watching the seven day war on a black and white TV with grainy reception on our family farm in rural America.  Rather than being a boy having a lot of fun outside, I was transfixed watching the tanks and jet planes racing across the Middle East. 

I reflect on this memory last night while relaxing in the Jacuzzi after designing the artwork for the eye for an eye / Gandhi quote.  I realized our planet is a WAR Planet, our collection of peoples have been in constant conflict for all of our human history.  The peacemakers are usually struck down by assassination and the war machines continue to belch death  making the rich bastard owners wealthier and more powerful.

Damn, let me off this bus!  I'm ready for an alien abduction:)




No comments:

Post a Comment